Home » Taxes season for Americans in Sweden- Need professional help?

Taxes season for Americans in Sweden- Need professional help?

Taxes for Expats may be your answer:

Taxes for Expats

At Taxes for Expats we have been preparing U.S. tax returns for U.S. Citizens and green card holders working in Sweden for over 8 years. Our clients hail from all parts of the country – Stockholm and Gothenburg, Malmö and Uppsala, Västerås and Örebro.

As a U.S. Citizen or green card holder you are legally required to file a U.S. tax return each year regardless of whether you already pay taxes in your residence country. The expatriate Foreign Earned Income Exclusion ($92,900 for 2011 and $95,100 for 2012) can only be claimed if you file your tax return on a timely basis. It is not automatic if you fail to file and can even be lost. We have many clients living in Sweden and know how to integrate your U.S. taxes into the local income taxes you pay. Any Swedish income tax you already pay can be claimed as against the tax liability on your U.S. return on the same income.

As an expat living abroad you get an automatic extension to file until June 15th following the calendar year end. (You cannot file using the calendar year as is standard in Sweden for U.S. tax purposes). You must, however, pay any tax that may be due by April 15th in order to avoid penalties and interest. You can get an extension to file (if you request it) until October 15th.

There are other forms which must be filed if you have foreign bank or financial accounts; foreign investment company; or own 10% or more of a foreign corporation or foreign partnership. If you do not file these  form or file them late, the IRS can impose penalties of $10,000 or more per form. These penalties are due regardless of whether you owe income taxes or not.

We have helped hundreds of expats around the world catch up with their past U.S. taxes because they have failed to file U.S. tax returns for many years. This is, in fact, our specialty and we offer a 10% discount to clients to wish to file multiple tax returns at once and get in full compliance with the IRS.

Work with a recognized expert to help you prepare your American tax return. We can also provide tax planning and advice with other expatriate tax; we look forward to working with you.

Visit Taxes for Expats and see if they are the right professionals for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Use Facebook to Comment on this Post