Here is the 1st update. I will continue to update this list as more information comes in.
Turkish museums, cultural sites now just a click away for virtual visitors
NPR Tiny Desk Concerts
I imagine if you didn’t see this 14 years ago, you’ve seen it recently. If not, Welcome to Germ Spreading 101.
Isn’t this artwork touching? It reminds us that we are all in this together.
Yoga for kids
Here is a list with more kids yoga resources.
Here is a list of free activities and educational tools to keep you and your kids sharp during social isolation.
- Here’s The Entire List of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions Due to School Closings
- 60+ Awesome Websites for Teaching and Learning Math
- Here are 450 Ivy League courses you can take online right now for free
- 18 Best Podcasts for Kids in Elementary, Middle, and High School
- Download Free Coloring Books from 113 Museums. There are also tons of other free cultural resources available from this link.
- Scholastic is offering free online courses so your kids can keep learning while schools are closed.
- 150+ Educational Shows on Netflix
- Download a massive amount of books from the NY Public Library.
- The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning, and Online Collections
- Amazing people coming together to provide online literacy resources.
- Students Can Respond to Daily Writing Prompts, Inspired by The New York Times, at Home for Free.
- Eye to I: Self-Portraits from 1900 to Today
Drawing from the National Portrait Gallery’s vast collection of self-portraits, this exhibition explores and thinks critically about how American artists have chosen to portray themselves over the past century. This online exhibition highlights a selection of objects featured in both the Portrait Gallery’s presentation in Washington, D.C., and in the traveling adaptation.
- One Life: Dolores Huerta
Explore the life and legacy of Latina activist Dolores Huerta, who co-founded the farm workers’ movement of the 1960s and 1970s with César Chávez.
- First Ladies
This online exhibition features portraits of the First Ladies of the United States from the Portrait Gallery’s permanent collection.
- Votes for Women
Missed it in person? This abridged virtual tour of the Portrait Gallery’s acclaimed exhibition, “Votes for Women: A Portrait of Persistence,” delves into the history of women’s suffrage as the centennial of the ratification of the 19th amendment approaches.
- Portraits of African Americans
Discover portraits of African Americans featured in the Portrait Gallery’s collection and learn how their achievements have contributed to the history and development of our nation.
- The Struggle for Justice
In one of multiple views of the museum’s galleries available on Google, view portraits of activists and social justice leaders from the Portrait Gallery’s collection.
- SmARTify is a free and easy-to-use art app that allows you to explore more than 1,000 artworks from the Portrait Gallery’s collection from the convenience of their own home. Download the app and explore the stories behind the objects and the artists in our collection. There’s even a virtual tour of the museum’s acclaimed “America’s Presidents” gallery. Available in English and Spanish. Try it out in our galleries!
1 Hour Yin Yoga Class Without Props – Full Body Yin Yoga Class
Over 30 Virtual Field Trips with Links.
Do you know of additional resources? Let me know so that I can share them widely.